Today, I have done something indescribable. Up till now, I haven't spoken a word to anyone else in this house yet. For a moment, my heart says that I have done something good. But helplessly, there's a portion of my heart that says that it wasn't good at all. So, what should I deem this thing I've committed?
My mom actually babysits some children to back up my family's financial state. Since my father is a newly- businessman, he needs to use a lot of money in every deal he makes with foreigners. Because of that, my mom has decided to help him to support our daily life. That's why my mother does this job.
The problem now is the mothers' of the children. Some of them have never failed to pick up their children late, so late. And for that reason, I feel really angry since I can't do anything to speak for my mother.
I've been working till night these days. When I reach home, there's no face of happiness on her face, but exhaustion instead. I perfectly know she must be very tired.
And today, when these irresponsible mothers came late again, I was totally angry. People, you've just picked up a wrong timing since I off worked today.
With guts I had, I slyly called these mothers while my mother was praying. I became a lot more angry when this one particular mother didn't pick up her phone. She was actually one I have been targeted to bombard.
Then, I called the second target. Regardless of the age draws between us, the money she has given to my mom, and the politeness she has in her, I spoke out my torrents of discontentment. My intention at that time was to speak in mellowly straightforward tone. But, I really couldn't hold my anger anymore. So, that's it. I've done it.
It's just happened that they were in their way to my home when I called them. So in the nick of time, they reached my home. I just took a basilisk glare from inside. Then I laid on the sofa. But I did put my ears on air to listen to every word she and she wanted to utter. As I expected, they profusely said sorry to my mom. No no no. Actually, one of them merely apologized with laughs.
So, did she think I was making a joke? Or my anger was worthless? Or best to be described as an immature teen outrage? If you wanna know, the one who was laughing was the one who has been my target and the one who didn't answer my calls.
You think my mother is your slave? Who are you? Are you our boss who can decide the time for us? And are you a mother?
Don't give me excuses. You are only a teacher who works from 7 am till 2pm. You should be possible to take your child before 4 or 5 pm.
What you did was incredibly irresponsible! My mother is 50 years old. She's getting older. She needs rest. And in my house, there's my grandmother too who needs extra care, who has Alzheimer, and who peeps anywhere she wishes. So you think my mother has only your child to look for?
As I'm writing this, I need to admit that I've gone too far. The mother who answered my call actually cried in front of my mother and to hear her cries, I feel guilty. As a human, I know what I did was inappropriate. But till when should I keep them doing this to my mother, who actually called them later, just to say sorry for my action? Till when?
Personally, I think I've just given my mother a present for her Mother's Day. hmmmmmm...
should i say nice one? sometimes, we'll do anything just to make sure our mom is happy. kalau aku pun aku dah hangin satu badan.
ReplyDeleteWhat I'd say is.... moderate and considerate. =) It's a good thing what you did, because of your mother. But sometimes, maybe it'd occurred to you that maybe just other people are having worst problem than we are..? :)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I'm sure your mother would appreciate that.. :)