incognito...

i, me, myself

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Sympathy VS Social Standard

I was enjoying my meal on the McD restaurant's upper floor  when this one scenario caught my glimpse. A family which I believed is a wealthy one merely let their maid sat and enjoyed the view of delicious food while they ate happily. How sad it was. And these thoughts pinched my mind; Do Malaysians really marginalize those in the lower hierarchy? What is the value of humanity in the eyes of our people? 

Again, I looked at the solemn expression of the maid. I saw purity and kindness but poor, those shaded by lethargy and tense. 

But 5 minutes later, I realized that I had been so judgemental without seeking for the truth. Guessed what, the maid also ate as huge as the family did! And I just couldn't help myself but to laugh thinking of my imbecility towards the scenario! So, maybe after this I need to revise the phrase "don't judge a book by it's cover" scrupulously! 




  

No comments:

Post a Comment