As you all know or may not know, Parkson is a Chinese company. Compared to other departmental stores, Parkson has been touted as the best brand in our country. And if I were to say it quite conveniently, Parkson is like the symbol of opulence for Chinese people since they really love to shop here. So, blatantly, this company is belonged to theirs. But the atmosphere inside here is really Malaysian. It's perfectly balanced. Everyone can work here.
(I think I have digressed too much for god's sake!)
Ok, this is it. I just need to admit that this realization I'm about to divulge is shameful to be swallowed. Believe it or not, Malay customers are the rudest I have ever dealt with. Though I sound like staining my own dignity as a Malay, sometimes we just need to realize that there's something wrong with our people.
This one customer I dealt with was so arrogant and pretentious. When he was about to pay his purchase, which actually did not exceed RM 300, he asked me whether he could pay with credit cards or not. So as usual, I said, "Yes, of course sir". But when he took out his Bank Islam card, I politely said that we could not proceed his transaction under debit, unless under credit. Suddenly he, of which I did not know why, abruptly took out all his credit cards and angrily put his cards upon me. I could clearly see dissatisfaction in his eyes. But I did not know the reason why. Did he angry because I rejected his card? Or angry because he felt ashamed in front of other customers?
I never intended to humiliate him. Never as a cashier we would be allowed to do that. It was just that I told him what is right with the procedure and what is not. He was the one who did not comprehend my explanation. He actually could proceed his transaction with that card. It was just that he did not understand what card he was actually using. So to wrap up the day, I got a word 'Bodoh' stamped on my face, and my pride as well.
This is our people. Ego and arrogant. It's merely one 'exemplary' of our sickness. Actually there're a lot more, to come I believe. Strangely a reality, Chinese customers have never acted like that. Though some unexpected problems do arise during their transactions, they never go overboard like spilling brusque. The least they will do is saying that, "I think your credit card terminal is having problem". At the end, I will be the one asking their apology and they will understand.
So, how should I put it into appropriate language....
People, who are we? Where are we? And what are we to shop at their place and then turn out so boastfully? Even they also use polite words to the cashiers, who are actually almost all Malays. Why not us?
I realize that these words of mine might be controversial to some. But sometimes we just need to admit that it is our people's attitude.
So, together we change this act of lame. Thank you.
Forgive my openness.
*owh mak datok kau. Tikus lalu sebelah aku. Terlompat2 aku macam monyet!!!

hahaha, you're juz telling the truth, and yes i have to agree. it's typical MALAY attitude. dok buat ramai plak, as the utara's people said, hahaha... dn gambaq tu, nmpk sgt la hg berlakon, tau la drama A, hahaha...
ReplyDeleteCustomer tu buat aku geram gila sekarang! ARGHHHHH! bengang taw!
ReplyDeletewehhh serious aku sokong! orang mlayu mmg prangai over..suma benda nk persoal..suma bnda x kena..mnyampah aku.. (aku pon malay jugak..) HAHHAA
ReplyDelete